Saturday, April 3, 2010

Interview with Quincy Miller- Determined to be top player in class of 2011

1. Who is the best player you have ever played against? Why was this player so hard to guard or score against?
The best player I ever played was John Wall because he is really fast and he knows the game from a point guard stand point.

2. What schools are at the top of your recruiting list?
I haven’t created a list but its every school in the country recruiting me.

3. Who do you think is the best player in the class of 2011 is and why?
I think I am the best player in my class because I can play all positions except point guard and I can do anything on the floor; also i have a high basketball IQ and great attitude and work ethic.

4. When did you get your first recruitment letter and from whom?

My first letter was my sophomore year and from Wake Forest.

5. What player in the NBA do you compare yourself to and why?
Kevin Durant because I’m skinny but we can shoot and score the ball in any way.

6. How do you workout during the school year?
I have a 6 a.m workout with cones for footwork; 4:30 practice with team; shooting and dribbling drills for a hour and a half after practice.

7. Who is/was your favorite teammate?
Stargell Love

8. What player do you emulate?
LeBron James

9. Who is your role model?
LeBron James

10. What do you think you have to get better at in your game?
I have to get better at everything.

11. When was the first time you dunked in a game?
7th grade when i was about 5'10.

12. What is your strongest characteristic in you being a great player?
My strongest characteristics are my work ethic and dedication.

13. Who was your favorite NBA player and team?
LeBron James and Cavaliers

14. What do you like better AAU or school basketball? What AAU team do you play on?
I like AAU better and I play for D-one Sports.

15. What do you plan to do after basketball? What do you plan to major in?
Anesthsiologist; Medical field

16. How does it feel when people ask for your autograph?
I feel great! I came from the bottom to the top so its pretty unbelievable when they ask me for one.

17. What's your proudest basketball moment?
When I scored 67 last summer in front of the first game my mother came to.

18. What would you say to kids who want to play D-1 and beyond but can't get any exposure?
Find a school or team that can get you exposed or work as hard as you can and the exposure will come to you.


19. What's your favorite sport other than basketball?
Football is my favorite sport other than basketball.

20. What do you plan to accomplish as a team and individually this year?

I want another national championship and I want to show the world I’m the best player in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment