Saturday, April 3, 2010

Interview with James McAdoo- Future Tarheel

1. Who is the best player you have ever played against? Why was this player so hard to guard or score against?

The best player I have ever faced is Tyler Hansbrough. He is just so strong and has such a feel for the game it's hard to find a weakness about him.

2. Why did you choose North Carolina over the other schools that heavily recruited you last year?

North Carolina was the best fit for me and i felt that they would best develop my skills and prepare me for life in general. They also treated me like family from the very beginning and took care of not just me but my family.

3. When did you get your first recruitment letter and from whom?

The first school to recruit me was UCLA, they sent me a letter when I was in the eight grade.

4. What player in the NBA do you compare yourself to and why?

Marvin Williams, I am versatile and able to play multiple positions.

5. How do you workout during the school year?

I do weight work three day's a week and always put up shots afterwards. I do plyometrics two days a week trying to get faster and quicker. I do basketball everyday, either working on my handles or shooting or just playing pick up.

6. Who is/was your favorite teammate?

Blake Hadely is my best teammate.

7. What player do you emulate?

Kobe Bryant is the player I try to emulate the most.

8. Who is your role model?


My dad, Ronnie McAdoo is my role model.

9. What do you think you have to get better at in your game?

I need to improve on everything.

10. When was the first time you dunked in a game?

I didn't dunk in a game until my ninth grade school basketball season.

11. What is your strongest characteristic in you being a great player?

My ability to do a little bit of everything and do it consistently.

12. Who was your favorite NBA player and team?

My favorite NBA player is Danny Granger, and my favorite team is the Lakers.

13. What do you like better AAU or school basketball? What AAU team did you play on?

I like playing for my school more than AAU. I play for Boo Williams 17 and under AAU team.

14. What do you plan to do after basketball? What do you plan to major in?

I plan on pursuing a basketball career in the NBA. I plan on majoring in something to do with architecture.

15. How does it feel when people ask for your autograph?

When asked for my autograph it does not feel that weird. I've gotten used to it and sort of enjoy it.

16. What's your proudest basketball moment?

My proudest basketball moment was winning the TCIS tournament last year when no one picked us to do it.

17. What would you say to kids who want to play D-1 and beyond but can't get any exposure?

Well truthfully if you can play they will find you, my best advice is keep working and keep God first and he will have his way in your life.

18. What's your favorite sport other than basketball?

My favorite sport other than basketball is baseball.

19. What do you plan to accomplish as a team and individually this year?

Win the TCIS and states. Individually I just want to do the best I can and win both the TCIS and states for not just me but my teammates.


20. Who do you think is the best player in the class of 2011?

I feel that I am the best player in the class of 2011, because of my versatility and the fact I haven't reached my potential.



Thank you for your time James and good luck in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment