Saturday, April 3, 2010

Daniel Orton Interview- 2010 or 2011 First Round Pick?

1. Who is the best player you have ever played against? Why was this player so hard to guard or score against?
Blake Griffin, enough said

2. Why did you choose Kentucky over the other schools that heavily recruited you?
Kentucky seemed like the right fit and I got along with all the other players well, really liked the coaches and the fans were my main reason. They're craziness and dedication to this sport.

3. Who do you think is the best player in college basketball and why?
Best player in college basketball isn't clarified we haven't started playing yet.

4. When did you get your first recruitment letter and from whom?
My first letter came from Baylor my freshmen year.

5. What player in the NBA do you compare yourself to and why?
I don't compare myself to any player in the NBA none of those players really play like I do.

6. How do you workout during the school year?
During the school year we lift about four days and practice 2 days for now.

7. Who is/was your favorite teammate?
My favorite teammate(s) were my high school teammates they were my best friends and we ALWAYS hung out together.

8. What player do you emulate?
I try to draw different styles from all players such as Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan and Amare Stoudamire.

9. Who is your role model?
My role model is and forever will be my mother. Her strength and intelligence inspired me to become the person I am today.

10. What do you think you have to get better at in your game?
All around I have to perfect my game so I have to work on a lot of different areas of my game.

11. When was the first time you dunked in a game?
The first time I dunked in a game was my freshmen year in high school against P.C. North. Sam Bradford was actually playing against us that game (Laughs). This is what could have happened Blake Griffin, Sam Bradford, Xavier Henry, and I all lived 5 minutes away from Xavier's school and Sam's school so we all could have went to the same high school.

12. What is your strongest characteristic in you being a great player?
My work ethic is my greatest characteristic.

13. Who were your favorite NBA player and team?
My favorite NBA team is the Pistons. I really don't have a favorite player as of right now.

14. What do you like better AAU or school basketball? What AAU team do you play on?
Both AAU and high school have their positives and negatives and they pretty much weigh out evenly. I played on Athletes First.

15. What do you plan to do after basketball? What do you plan to major in?
My major right now is Accounting, I like dealing with numbers. After basketball I don't know what I’m going to do yet though.

16. How does it feel when people ask for your autograph?
It feels good.

17. What's your proudest basketball moment?
Winning three State Championships

18. What would you say to kids who want to play D-1 and beyond but can't get any exposure?
Get exposure, it's up to you to communicate with people and get yourself out there. If you can truly play though you will be found.

19. What's your favorite sport other than basketball?
My favorite sport other than basketball is bowling.

20. What do you plan to accomplish as a team and individually this year?
To do the best we can, and to be the best that I can be.

21. Who has impressed you the most on Kentucky?
Coach Cal.

Thanks for your time Daniel and good luck in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment