Sunday, April 4, 2010

Interview with Chris Crawford- Part of Memphis' Huge Incoming Recruits

1. Who is the best player you have ever played against? Why was this player so hard to guard or score against?

Patrick Coleman . He was short but he played box and 1 on me all the time. He was very hard to defend because he was so little and could shoot really good.

2. Why did you choose Memphis over the other schools that heavily recruited you last year?

Because like I said I love the fans i want to win a national championship and I love my family and I'm a mamas boy.

3. What is the best advice you have ever received?

''NEVER QUIT make this money"- Coach Burton.

4. When did you get your first recruitment letter and from whom?

10th grade from Murry state University.

5. What player in the NBA do you compare yourself to and why?

Deron Williams, because he started as a shooting guard at Illinois but turned into a point guard in the NBA so that's who I compare my game to in the NBA.


6. How do you workout during the school year?

After school practice I'd go to the Finch at night and shoot 500 shots a night.

7. Who is your role model?

My role model is my mother, I look up to her because she is a strong black woman.

8. What do you think you have to get better at in your game?

I need to improve my sliding on defense and quickness. Also to be more explosive.

9. When was the first time you dunked in a game?

My 10th grade year.

10. What is your strongest characteristic in you being a great player?

Being able to shoot from anywhere and my passing ability.

11. Who was your favorite NBA player and team?

Utah Jazz,and Deron Williams.

12. What do you like better AAU or school basketball? What AAU team did you play on?

AAU,and Memphis Magic.

13. What do you plan to do after basketball? What do you plan to major in?

Broadcast and Journalism, I think I can be like Jay Bilas.

14. What's your proudest basketball moment?

When I hit a game winning shot in the championship game in Vegas.

15. What would you say to kids who want to play D-1 and beyond but can't get any exposure?

I would say keep working hard because you love the game and never quit. Never say I can't and go play for cowboy that's all the exposure.

16. What do you plan to accomplish as a team and individually next year with Memphis?

As a team I want all of us to be together as one big family. Win a national championship and all of us to be successful. Individually I would like to become stronger and quicker to play in the NBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment