Saturday, April 3, 2010

Gordon Hayward Interview- Star of Underdog Final Four team, Butler.

1. Who is the best player you have ever played against? Why was this player so hard to guard or score against?
Stephen Curry is the best player I have ever played against. He is so good because he has such a quick release and has a knack for putting the ball in the basket.

2. Why did you choose Butler over the other schools that heavily recruited you?

I chose Butler over the other schools because it is close to home, the coaches are great, and the people involved in the system make it feel like a family.

3. Who do you think is the best player in college basketball is and why?
I cannot name one player in college basketball who is the best, but I have a lot of respect for Evan Turner from OSU because he plays a very similar game to me.

4. When did you get your first recruitment letter and from whom?
I got my first letter when I was a sophomore in high school from Blackford University, which is a D-3 or something like that.

5. What player in the NBA do you compare yourself to and why?
I always get compared to Mike Dunleavy Jr. because we have similar frames and similar games.

6. How do you workout during the school year?
We workout in the morning before anyone has classes.

7. Who is/was your favorite teammate?
I cannot name a favorite teammate because we are all close. I hang out with all of the sophomores the most.

8. What player do you emulate?
I would say Mike Dunleavy Jr. if I had to name one person that I emulate.

9. Who is your role model?
My father is my role model.


10. What do you think you have to get better at in your game?
I need to improve everything in my game to get better. I really need to get stronger and improve my inside game as well.

11. When was the first time you dunked in a game?
The first time I dunked in a game was my sophomore year in high school.

12. What is your strongest characteristic in you being a great player?
I think the strongest characteristic in my game is my unselfishness and my willingness to do anything for the team to win.

13. Who are your favorite NBA player and team?
My favorite NBA player is LeBron James.

14. What do you like better AAU or school basketball? What AAU team do you play on?
I liked school basketball the best. I played on Municipal Gardens when I was growing up.

15. What do you plan to do after basketball? What do you plan to major in?
I do not exactly know what I plan on doing after basketball, but right now I am majoring in computer engineering and math.

16. How does it feel when people ask for your autograph?
It feels kind of weird when people ask for my autograph because I never could imagine people ever asking me for it. But I am always happy to do it for people.

17. What's your proudest basketball moment?
My proudest basketball moment is hitting the game winning shot with 2.1 seconds left to win the state championship for our high school.

18. What would you say to kids who want to play D-1 and beyond but can't get any exposure?
I would say that someone is always looking so don’t worry about it and just do your thing out on the court.


19. What's your favorite sport other than basketball?
My favorite sport other than basketball is tennis.

20. What do you plan to accomplish as a team and individually this year?
I plan on winning the national championship this year. Individually I plan on doing everything I can to get our team to that point.

Thanks for your time Gordon and good luck in the Final Four!

No comments:

Post a Comment