Saturday, April 3, 2010

Interview with Leo Lyons- " Will be in NBA next year"

1. Who is the best player you have ever played against? Why was this player so hard to guard or score against?

The best player that I have played against is Ron Artest. I like to score and he is a defender so I had to deal with somebody alot stronger than me and figure out ways to score differently every play.

2. Why did you choose Missouri over the other schools that heavily recruited you last year?

I chose Missouri for family issues, my original choice was Kentucky but I was young and need to be close for support

3. What is the best advice you have ever recieved?

"Never play to the game to play, play to win" - Mike Anderson

4. When did you get your first recruitment letter and from whom?

I received my first letter in the 9th grade from Florida

5. What player in the NBA do you compare yourself to and why?

If I had to compare myself to somebody it would be Kevin Durant because I am a tall perimeter player and have a long range of shooting

6. How do you workout during the school year?

I wake up early in the morning and lift weights then practice with the team and after that I work on alot of individual drills on offense

7. Who is/was your favorite teammate?

Ive had the luxury of being on good teams so I have like all my teammates really well

8. What player do you emulate?

As a player everybody wants to emulate the best so I try to learn small things from Michael Jordan

9. Who is your role model?

My Mother

10. What do you think you have to get better at in your game?

Consistency

11. When was the first time you dunked in a game?

The first time I dunked was in the 8th grade at Arrowhead Middle School

12. What is your strongest characteristic in you being a great player?

Mental Strength, when things get tough or difficult it has to be a voice in your head telling you to keep going or you wont make it

13. Who was your favorite NBA player and team?

I am a Kobe Bryant fan and have been a Chicago Bulls fan since I was a kid

14. What do you like better AAU or school basketball? What AAU team did you play on?

AAU basketball is 10 times better because alot of High School coaches force kids to play a certain way and dont allow them to shine. AAU basketball allows you to play against the best on a day to day basis and highlights the talented players.

15. What do you plan to do after basketball? What do you plan to major in?

After basketball I would love to still be involved with coaching.

16. How does it feel when people ask for your autograph?


Its a great feeling to know someone admires your game and recognizes you in the streets.

17. What's your proudest basketball moment?

Going to te Elite 8 last year. Even though we lost it was a great experience.

18. What would you say to kids who want to play D-1 and beyond but can't get any exposure?

D-1 is not everything. If a kid believes he is a D-1 player and is forced to go play elsewhere than he/she should be that much better than everybody there and prove it. There has been many players to make it pro from D-2 and NAIA dont look at it as a bad situation and quit just keep fighting the good players always get found.

19. What's your favorite sport other than basketball?

Bowling is a fun competitive sport and I love playing

20. What do you plan to accomplish as a team and individually this year?


I plan to win the Euro Cup, the most admired championship in the world


21. What NBA teams did you try out for?


I was on the Cavaliers but due to contract issues I was sent to Israel until next summer then you will see me in the NBA

22. What team are you on now? Do you like it in Europe?

I am currently on Hapoel Jerusalem a top team in Europe. I love it here they are so much more passionate about basketball than the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment